DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Jayalalithaa cabinet to have 33 ministers
As many as 25 of the 34-member cabinet are fresh faces which include Senthil Balaji.
Chennai: AIADMK chief Jayalalithaa, who will be sworn in as Tamil Nadu Chief Minister on Monday, will have 33 ministers in her cabinet and she will hold key portfolios of Police and Home, among others.
As many as 25 of the 34-member cabinet, which will be sworn in on Monday, are fresh faces which include youngsters like Senthil Balaji, who has been allotted the Transport Ministry, a release from the Raj Bhavan said.
Senior AIADMK leaders O Panneerselvam (Finance), K A Senkottaiyan (Agriculture), Natham R Viswanathan (Electricity and Prohibition and Excise) and C Ve Shanmugam (School Education) have been inducted for yet another term, even as other expected names like former ministers D Jayakumar, S Jayaraman and Valarmathy have not been taken into the present cabinet.
Among others, Jayalalithaa will hold the portfolios of Public, Police, Home and Prevention of Corruption, the release said, adding that S Vijay, representing Vellore constituency, will be the Health Minister.
Besides Jayalalithaa, Gokula Indra and Selvi Ramajayam are the women faces of the new cabinet.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan