Jayalalithaa declares assets worth Rs 51 crore
Jayalalithaa said she had movable assets of Rs 13.03 crore and immovable assets of Rs 38.37 crore.
Chennai: AIADMK supremo Jayalalithaa has declared assets valued at Rs 51 crore, both movable and immovable, in her election affidavit filed while filing her nomination papers to contest from Srirangam for the April 13 Tamil Nadu Assembly polls. Jayalalithaa said she had movable assets of Rs 13.03 crore and immovable assets of Rs 38.37 crore which includes 14.5 acres of grapeyards in Andhra Pradesh and Rs one crore in a tea estate in Kodanad in Nilgiris districts.
She said she was unable to give the actual market rate of her various property as police had seized documents and handed over to a court in Bangalore which is probing her disproportionate wealth case. She declared that she has five cars.
Jayalalithaa is facing nine cases against her, three of them for economic offenses, one wealth case and one by CBI on her birthday donation from an unknown individual from abroad. She does not have any debts, she said in the affidavit.
She had not declared the value of her jewellery as they are in court.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Poorna Trailer: Rahul Bose Brings the Story of a Girl who Conquered Everest
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1