JD(U) backs PM's remarks on minorities in Gujarat
BJP had on Sunday rubbished the Prime Minister's comments that minorities were feeling 'insecure' in the BJP-ruled state.
New Delhi: Backing Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's remarks on the plight of minorities in Gujarat, JD(U) on Monday said there are "serious reservation in the minds of minorities concerning Narendra Modi." Stepping up the Congress campaign in Gujarat, Singh had told an election rally there on Sunday that minorities, including some government officials, felt insecure under the Modi government.
"Election campaign is going on in the state. It is true that there are serious reservation in the minds of minorities concerning Narendra Modi. There is no doubt about it and he (PM) has utilised it as a Congress leader during the election campaign," Janata Dal (United) leader Shivanand Tiwari told reporters outside Parliament House.
BJP had on Sunday rubbished the Prime Minister's comments that minorities were feeling "insecure" in the BJP-ruled state and said Congress will be in a minority in Gujarat after the Assembly elections.
On the issue of reservation in promotion of SC/ST employees, Tiwari said, "We are supporting the reservation in promotion in Bihar." Asked whether his party would support it at the national level, he said, "We will examine it and then decide."
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology