Jethmalani case: HC notice to BJP members including Vajpayee, Modi
Ram Jethmalani is seeking damages worth Rs 50 lakh for being expelled from each member of the party.
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court has issued a notice to all Parliamentary Board members of the Bharatiya Janata Party including Atal Bihari Vajpayee and Narendra Modi in connection with former party leader Ram Jethmalani's case. The court has asked them to reply by January 30, 2014.
Ram Jethmalani had filed a defamation suit against the BJP's parliamentary board. He is seeking damages worth Rs 50 lakh for being expelled from each member of the party.
Jethmalani was expelled in May 2013 following his remarks against senior party leaders Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines