Jethmalani case: HC notice to BJP members including Vajpayee, Modi
Ram Jethmalani is seeking damages worth Rs 50 lakh for being expelled from each member of the party.
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court has issued a notice to all Parliamentary Board members of the Bharatiya Janata Party including Atal Bihari Vajpayee and Narendra Modi in connection with former party leader Ram Jethmalani's case. The court has asked them to reply by January 30, 2014.
Ram Jethmalani had filed a defamation suit against the BJP's parliamentary board. He is seeking damages worth Rs 50 lakh for being expelled from each member of the party.
Jethmalani was expelled in May 2013 following his remarks against senior party leaders Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley.
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
- We Look Forward to DRS Introduction in Future: Virat Kohli
- Virat Kohli's India look to Wrap Series At Eden, Regain No.1 Spot
- Not Easy for Off-Colour Martin Guptill to be Aggressive in Subcontinent: Anil Kumble
- Why This Surgical Strike Across LoC Changes Indo-Pak Nuclear Red Lines
- 10 Steps India Took Post Uri Terror Attack to Expose and Isolate Pakistan
- India's Claim of Surgical Strikes 'Fabrication of Truth': Pakistan
- Don't Take Our Peaceful Intent for Weakness: Nawaz Sharif