DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Cash-for-votes scam 2010: Court orders CBI probe
In 2010, allegations surfaced that a few MLAs had taken money to caste votes during the Rajya Sabha elections.
Ranchi: The Jharkhand High Court has ordered a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe in the 2010 cash-for-votes scandal. It has also ordered the CBI to investigate the role of the Jharkhand Department of Cabinet (Vigilance).
In 2010, allegations surfaced that a few MLAs had taken money to caste votes during the Rajya Sabha elections. Last week, the court expressed displeasure at the slow pace of the investigation.
A CD, allegedly containing the voices of certain people, was seized and a case was filed soon after the 2010 Rajya Sabha elections. It was alleged that some legislators took money to cast their votes.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh