DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Jharkhand: HC extends stay on Dhoot's arrest till May 8
The CBI which is probing horse trading allegations after Rs 2.15 cr was seized from a car in Ranchi will quiz Dhoot on May 6.
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court on Wednesday extended till May 8 the stay order given against the arrest of industrialist Pawan Kumar Dhoot, who as an independent candidate is accused in the horse trading issue during 2012 Rajya Sabha polls.
After hearing petitions of Dhoot and another industrialist Sunil Maheswari, the single bench of Justice RR Prasad extended the stay against their arrest, but asked them to surrender to the CBI court on May 8.
The court had on April 26 stayed a special CBI court order till April 30 and posted the case for hearing on Wednesday. The CBI court had on April 15 issued arrest warrants against them.
The CBI which is probing horse trading allegations after Rs 2.15 crore was seized from a car in Ranchi on the polling day, will quiz the two industrialists on May 6.
The car allegedly belonged to the relative of one of the two Independent candidates. The other independent candidate in the fray was RK Agarwal. The Election Commission of India had conducted a fresh elections for the two seats following cancellation of the previous elections in the face of the stunning seizure.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet