Jharkhand: JMM to meet Congress leaders in Delhi
Senior JMM leaders would meet Congress leaders in Delhi to discuss formation of a new government in Jharkhand.
Ranchi: Senior Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) leaders would meet Congress leaders in Delhi to discuss formation of a new government in Jharkhand, a party leader said on Tuesday.
"Our leaders Hemant Soren, Mathura Mahato, Champai Soren, Haji Hussain Ansari and Simon Marandi will go to Delhi to hold talks with Congress leaders for formation of an alternative government," JMM general secretary Shashank Sekhar Bhokta said.
"Congress leaders in the state have given indication and we are hopeful that the national party will protect democratic values," Bhokta, a member of the JMM core committee, said.
He claimed that Independent MLA Chamra Linda and the lone Jharkhand Janadhikar Manch MLA met party chief Shibu Soren and assured support in the event of an alternative government. Linda earlier supported the Arjun Munda government.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology