PM has called for a debate on Article 370: Jitendra Singh
Jitendra said, "Article 370 has done more harm. Youth of Kashmir has to be convinced about this. That's why honourable PM has called for a debate."
New Delhi: Dr Jitendra Singh, who has just taken charge as Minister of State in the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) has said that the government has started a debate on the abrogation of Article 370, which gives special status and autonomy to Jammu & Kashmir.
While speaking to CNN-IBN, Jitendra Singh said, "Article 370 has done more harm. Youth of Kashmir has to be convinced about this. That's why honourable PM has called for a debate."
CNN-IBN: Is your government serious about removing Article 370?
Jitendra Singh: Article 370 has done more harm. Youth of Kashmir has to be convinced about this. That's why honourable PM has called for a debate. Having a debate doesn't mean we have deviated from what we promised. It just means convincing those who are not convinced.
CNN-IBN: So you have started speaking to the stake holders?
Jitendra Singh: Yes
CNN-IBN: Have you started speaking to them about abrogating article 370?
Jitendra Singh: Yes. For most of all the youth it's more of a psychological barrier. Youth of Kashmir valley is beginning to see merit in our argument.
CNN-IBN: Am I right in understanding that you have started the process of talking to stake holders to remove the Article 370? Have you spoken to Omar and Mehbooba Mufti?
Jitendra Singh: For us all stake holders are responsible. Even Nehru had said in the Parliament that Article 370 will be a transient provision. It's no longer required. Constitution says it's temporary.
CNN-IBN: Timeline for removing the article 370?
Jitendra Singh: We are working very democratically.
- Pakistan Approaches International Court of Justice Over Indus Waters Treaty
- Attempt to Block Islamabad's Share of Water "Act of War": Sartaj Aziz
- Samsung Execs Meet DGCA Officials Over Galaxy Note 2 IndiGo Fire Incident
- Samsung Galaxy On8 with Android M, 3GB RAM Launched at Rs 15,900
- Rampant Borussia Dortmund Will Put Stuttering Real Madrid to the Test
- Ban on Pakistani Artistes No Solution to Terrorism: Karan Johar to MNS
- Karan Johar, Nimrat Kaur Praise Nikkhil Advani's TV Show
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Stills: The Trailer is All About Love, Friendship, Heartbreak