J&K: Mehbooba slams NC Govt for diversion of funds
Mehbooba Mufti said the beautification of heritage sites and religious places in old City Srinagar was lying in abeyance for past two years.
Srinagar: Opposition PDP in Jammu and Kashmir on said that the party's stand on diversion of funds by the ruling NC-led government has been vindicated by the Public Account Committee of the state Assembly.
"Our party's statements on non-utilisation and diversion of funds by the present regime have been justified by none other than the government itself," PDP president Mehbooba Mufti said addressing workers at the PDP headquarters in Srinagar.
The review of the Housing and Urban Development Department by the PAC has reportedly established that funds meant for development of the summer capital and different municipalities of Kashmir Valley have either been blocked inordinately or diverted to other regions of the state.
Terming it "a tip of the iceberg", Mufti said there may be more cases of non-utilisation and diversion of funds.
"It has also been reported in media that the central government had released more than Rs 30 crore for solid waste management in 12 towns of Jammu and Kashmir during 2010-12.
"Out of this, Rs 15 crore was allocated to Srinagar and Jammu regions each. While more than 92 per cent of funds have been shown utilised in seven towns of Jammu region, not a single penny has been spent in Kashmir valley. This is the result of incompetence of the present regime," she claimed.
Mehbooba said according to PAC, the beautification of heritage sites and religious places in old City Srinagar was lying in abeyance for past two years.
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- Big B Has a Different Level of Passion Towards His Work: Anees Bazmee
- Nothing Confirmed Yet: Varun Dhawan on Working with Big B
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- If Banning Actors Can Stop Terrorism, Government Should do it: Varun Dhawan
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Will Live Up to the Hype: Neeraj Pandey