Join NDA and you can become PM, Sena tells Pawar
Hailing Pawar's political skills, Joshi told reporters that he should join NDA to end quarrels within the alliance.
Pune: Senior Shiv Sena leader Manohar Joshi on invited NCP President Sharad Pawar to join NDA, saying "he would be able to end quarrels within the BJP-led alliance and could also become Prime Minister". Hailing the Maratha strongman's political skills, Joshi, who attended a function organised on the eve of Pawar's birthday on Wednesday, told reporters "Pawar should join NDA to end quarrels within the alliance and bring together all factions. If he joins NDA, he can also become the Prime Minister."
Asked whether other NDA constituents would accept such a proposal, the former Lok Sabha Speaker quipped "Pawar can get it done." Earlier, the former Maharashtra Chief Minister, addressing the gathering, showered praise on Pawar and said the NCP leader has the capability to become Prime Minister.
To a question, Joshi maintained the temporary structure built at Mumbai's Shivaji Park, where the last rites of Sena chief Bal Thackeray were performed, was linked with "sentiments" of the party. There would not be any compromise on the stand taken by the party on keeping the structure intact, he said.
When pointed out that Sena stand could precipitate a showdown with the Congress-NCP government in the state, Joshi said "we will persist with our stand in the matter". On the talk about constructing Thackeray's memorial in the premises of Mumbai's Kohinoor Mill owned by him, the Sena leader said there was no place there for such a project.
"There are already three buildings standing there and there is no vacant space," he said.
- Iraqi Forces Encounter Stiff Resistance from ISIS in Mosul
- Despite Bleak Electoral Map, Donald Trump Says, 'We Are Winning'
- Trump Calls Clinton 'Nasty Woman'; Voters Rally Behind her
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh