Joshi committee report is irrelevant now: Farooq
The Congress opposed Joshi from tabling the report at the PAC meeting on Tuesday.
Bajalta: Union Minister Farooq Abdullah on Monday said the 2G scam probe report by BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi as head of previous Public Accounts Committee (PAC) is now 'irrelevant' as a Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) has been constituted to look into the issue.
"There is a JPC now looking into it (G2 scam). I don't think the other report (prepared by Joshi) in necessary now. It is irrelevant now," Abdullah told reporters on the sidelines of a function.
Abdullah, who holds the New and Renewable Energy portfolio, was replying to questions regarding the Congress opposing Joshi from tabling the report at the PAC meeting on Tuesday.
"Now finally the JPC has been formed I think that it is now for them to look into 2G scam and other things," he said.
The controversial report was recently returned by Speaker Meira Kumar to Joshi, who was reappointed as PAC Chairman in May, suggesting that it was an 'unfinished work' as it was not supported by the entire PAC, whose term ended on April 30.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Oscar Predictions: La La Land or Moonlight; Who Will Win Big?
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- Jackie Review: Natalie Portman Shines In The Shoes Of Jacqueline Kennedy
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology