2G: JPC meeting today; RBI Governor to be questioned
The opposition also wants the prime minister and Finance Minister P Chidambaram to be called as witnesses.
New Delhi: The BJP is all set to attend a crucial Joint Parliamentary Committee meeting on 2G spectrum on Tuesday. The meeting comes a month after five BJP members stormed out, attacking the Congress for its unparliamentary language and demanding the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's resignation.
The opposition also wants the prime minister and Finance Minister P Chidambaram to be called as witnesses. Former finance secretary and now RBI Governor DV Subbarao will be appearing before the JPC on Tuesday to face questions on the role of the finance ministry in spectrum allocation at 2001 prices.
Subbarao's defence could be that it was his ministry which repeatedly pressed for going in for the auction route as opposed to the first come, first serve policy that was later adopted.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology