2G: BJP to meet to decide whether to quit or continue in JPC panel
JPC Chairman PC Chacko had postponed the October 3 meeting of the committee after Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar decided to talk to BJP members.
New Delhi: A day to go before the Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) probing the 2G scam meets, the BJP will be meeting on Wednesday to decide whether to quit or continue in the panel. BJP members have twice walked out of JPC meetings expressing dissatisfaction over panel chair PC Chacko's refusal to discuss their demand on the inclusion of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Finance Minister P Chidambaram in the witness list.
JPC Chairman PC Chacko had postponed the October 3 meeting of the committee after Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar decided to talk to BJP members. But uncertainty persists over BJP members attending Thursday's meeting. "I will call each one of them and request them to attend the proceedings... let us see," Chacko said.
A BJP member said the party would strategise on the next move on Wednesday. The party has six representatives in the panel. Though it was earlier decided to call the Attorney General on October 11, he has expressed his inability to appear before JPC as he would be out of country on Thursday.
With Additional Inputs from PTI
Recommended For You
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology