Judicial custody of Janardhana Reddy extended to Dec 14
Janardhana Reddy and his associate Mehfuz Ali Khan were produced before the court via video conferencing from Chanchalaguda jail in Hyderabad where they are lodged.
Bangalore: A CBI court on Monday extended till December 14, the judicial custody of mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and four others, arrested in the illegal mining case involving Associated Mining Corporation owned by him.
CBI court judge BM Angadi extended the judicial custody of the accused till December 14. Janardhana Reddy and his associate Mehfuz Ali Khan were produced before the court via video conferencing from Chanchalaguda jail in Hyderabad where they are lodged.
The other three were produced through video conferencing from Parappana Agrahara jail. The bail pleas of all the five accused has been rejected by the CBI court. Reddy subsequently moved the High Court, where his bail plea is pending.
The bail pleas of the then Deputy Conservator of Forests, Bellary district, S Muthaiah and the then Director Mines and Geology SP Raju was rejected by the High Court last month. Khan's bail plea has already been rejected by the High Court.
- Kabaddi World Cup 2016: Coach Dedicates Title Win to Uri Martyrs
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal Yadav, Four Other Ministers From Cabinet
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 3 in Abu Dhabi
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about the 2-day BRICS Summit
- Deserve Another Shot at International Cricket, Says Saeed Ajmal