Judicial custody of Janardhana Reddy extended to Dec 14
Janardhana Reddy and his associate Mehfuz Ali Khan were produced before the court via video conferencing from Chanchalaguda jail in Hyderabad where they are lodged.
Bangalore: A CBI court on Monday extended till December 14, the judicial custody of mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and four others, arrested in the illegal mining case involving Associated Mining Corporation owned by him.
CBI court judge BM Angadi extended the judicial custody of the accused till December 14. Janardhana Reddy and his associate Mehfuz Ali Khan were produced before the court via video conferencing from Chanchalaguda jail in Hyderabad where they are lodged.
The other three were produced through video conferencing from Parappana Agrahara jail. The bail pleas of all the five accused has been rejected by the CBI court. Reddy subsequently moved the High Court, where his bail plea is pending.
The bail pleas of the then Deputy Conservator of Forests, Bellary district, S Muthaiah and the then Director Mines and Geology SP Raju was rejected by the High Court last month. Khan's bail plea has already been rejected by the High Court.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Ryan Gosling's Reaction To Oscars 2017 Best Picture Mix Up Is Priceless