DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Kadapa by-poll: Jagan wins by over 5 lakh votes
YS Jagan Mohan Reddy is leading over his nearest Congress rival DL Ravindra Reddy.
Kadapa: YSR Congress party chief Jagan Mohan Reddy and his mother Vijayalakshmi won landslide victories in the by-elections to the prestigious Kadapa Lok Sabha and Pulivendula Assembly constituencies in Andhra Pradesh.
Jagan defeated his nearest Congress rival and State Health Minister DL Ravindra Reddy by over 5,12,000 votes while Vijayalakshmi won by 85,000 votes over her brother-in-law YS Vivekananda Reddy, who is the ruling Congress nominee.
The results of Kadapa Lok Sabha and Pulivendula assembly seats would be out later in the day. Counting of votes for the by-elections to these seats commenced this morning amid tight security.
Elaborate arrangements have been made for the counting in the seats from where Jagan and his mother, are seeking re-election after quitting Congress. The polling for the two constituencies was held on May 8.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar