DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Sena disrupts Kakodkar's speech over Jaitapur row
Organisers had to give a written undertaking that Kakodkar would not mention Jaitapur to let the function go on.
Pune: Shiv Sena activists on Monday threatened to create a ruckus and disrupt the speech of eminent nuclear scientist Anil Kakodkar at the Agarkar Institute in Pune.
The party had threatened to disrupt the function if the former chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission spoke in favour of the Jaitapur project.
It was only after the organisers gave a written undertaking that Kakodkar would not mention Jaitapur was the function allowed to go on.
Meanwhile, Kakodkar has cancelled his plans to speak at Ratnagiri on Tuesday.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Bollywood Stars Attend Karan Johar's Birthday Bash
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Tubelight: Salman-Starrer Looks Like Innocent Adventure Filled With Belief
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs