Sena disrupts Kakodkar's speech over Jaitapur row
Organisers had to give a written undertaking that Kakodkar would not mention Jaitapur to let the function go on.
Pune: Shiv Sena activists on Monday threatened to create a ruckus and disrupt the speech of eminent nuclear scientist Anil Kakodkar at the Agarkar Institute in Pune.
The party had threatened to disrupt the function if the former chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission spoke in favour of the Jaitapur project.
It was only after the organisers gave a written undertaking that Kakodkar would not mention Jaitapur was the function allowed to go on.
Meanwhile, Kakodkar has cancelled his plans to speak at Ratnagiri on Tuesday.
Recommended For You
- Dhoni Motivates Jharkhand Teammates in Unique Style
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Poorna Trailer: Rahul Bose Brings the Story of a Girl who Conquered Everest
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1