DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Sena disrupts Kakodkar's speech over Jaitapur row
Organisers had to give a written undertaking that Kakodkar would not mention Jaitapur to let the function go on.
Pune: Shiv Sena activists on Monday threatened to create a ruckus and disrupt the speech of eminent nuclear scientist Anil Kakodkar at the Agarkar Institute in Pune.
The party had threatened to disrupt the function if the former chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission spoke in favour of the Jaitapur project.
It was only after the organisers gave a written undertaking that Kakodkar would not mention Jaitapur was the function allowed to go on.
Meanwhile, Kakodkar has cancelled his plans to speak at Ratnagiri on Tuesday.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Pakistan - Strengths and Weaknesses
- Priyanka, Ranveer Extend Their Love to Sachin Tendulkar For His Biopic
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Spiderman: Homecoming Trailer Gives Detailed Glimpse of Vulture
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh