Sena disrupts Kakodkar's speech over Jaitapur row
Organisers had to give a written undertaking that Kakodkar would not mention Jaitapur to let the function go on.
Pune: Shiv Sena activists on Monday threatened to create a ruckus and disrupt the speech of eminent nuclear scientist Anil Kakodkar at the Agarkar Institute in Pune.
The party had threatened to disrupt the function if the former chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission spoke in favour of the Jaitapur project.
It was only after the organisers gave a written undertaking that Kakodkar would not mention Jaitapur was the function allowed to go on.
Meanwhile, Kakodkar has cancelled his plans to speak at Ratnagiri on Tuesday.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology