TMC MP Kalyan Banerjee offers to resign
Mamata Banerjee was reportedly planning to issue a showcause notice to the MP for supporting the Lokpal Bill.
New Delhi: Trinamool Congress (TMC) MP Kalyan Banerjee offered to resign from the party on Friday as reports suggested that party leader Mamata Banerjee was likely to issue showcause notices to the MP.
Reports suggested that Banerjee was likely to issue showcause notices to party MPs Sudip Bandopadhyay and Kalyan Banerjee for diverging from the party line and supporting the Lokpal Bill.
Mamata seemed furious that the two MPs took the decision without consulting her. The two had met Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee before taking the decision.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines