TMC MP Kalyan Banerjee offers to resign
Mamata Banerjee was reportedly planning to issue a showcause notice to the MP for supporting the Lokpal Bill.
New Delhi: Trinamool Congress (TMC) MP Kalyan Banerjee offered to resign from the party on Friday as reports suggested that party leader Mamata Banerjee was likely to issue showcause notices to the MP.
Reports suggested that Banerjee was likely to issue showcause notices to party MPs Sudip Bandopadhyay and Kalyan Banerjee for diverging from the party line and supporting the Lokpal Bill.
Mamata seemed furious that the two MPs took the decision without consulting her. The two had met Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee before taking the decision.
- Watch: The News That Wasn't With Cyrus Broacha
- Trump Says Debate Microphone Was 'Defective'
- Samsung Execs Meet DGCA Officials Over Galaxy Note 2 IndiGo Fire Incident
- I Will Release My Tax Returns When Clinton Releases Deleted Emails, Says Trump
- Here's What Bollywood Celebrities Have To Say About MNS Ban On Pakistani Artistes
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- India to Reclaim Top Spot If They Win Kolkata Test Against New Zealand
- Lenovo Sacks "Hundreds" of Employees at Motorola: Report