DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
TMC MP Kalyan Banerjee offers to resign
Mamata Banerjee was reportedly planning to issue a showcause notice to the MP for supporting the Lokpal Bill.
New Delhi: Trinamool Congress (TMC) MP Kalyan Banerjee offered to resign from the party on Friday as reports suggested that party leader Mamata Banerjee was likely to issue showcause notices to the MP.
Reports suggested that Banerjee was likely to issue showcause notices to party MPs Sudip Bandopadhyay and Kalyan Banerjee for diverging from the party line and supporting the Lokpal Bill.
Mamata seemed furious that the two MPs took the decision without consulting her. The two had met Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee before taking the decision.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet