2G case: Witness testifies in favour of DMK MP Kanimozhi
The CFO of KTV told court that Kanimozhi joined KTV at her father Karunanidhi's behest and she wasn't involved in its day-to-day affairs.
New Delhi: A key witness in the 2G trial has testified in favour of DMK MP and accused Kanimozhi. P Amritam, the Chief Financial Officer of KTV told the court that Kanimozhi joined KTV at her father Karunanidhi's behest and that she was not involved in the company's day to day affairs.
The CBI had alleged that Kanimozhi got the Rs 200 crore bribe money routed through Kalaignar TV.
Besides the cases of Kanimozhi, similar probe is underway under the provisions of the anti-money laundering Act against Swan Telecom promoter Shahid Usman Balwa's cousin Asif Balwa, Director of Kusegaon Fruits and Vegetables Pvt Ltd Rajeev Agarwal and Karim Murani of Cineyug Films (Pvt) Ltd.
- Cauvery Row: Karnataka Firm, Calls Legislature Session to Decide on SC Order
- Unknown Person Files Income Tax Return in Kareena Kapoor's Name
- Cauvery Row: Opposition Asks Govt Not to Release Water to Tamil Nadu
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Chairs All-Party Meet, Gowda Sits on Dharna
- India Should Start Talks with Pakistan: Sitaram Yechury
- Pakistan Still in Anaesthesia After Surgery: Manohar Parrikar
- India 'Hiding' Casualties in Surgical Strike, Says Pakistan Army
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief