Kapil Mishra's Taunt Leaves Mehbooba Mufti In Tears
Mehbooba Mufti at the Delhi Tourism event in the National Capital.
New Delhi: Delhi Tourism Minister Kapil Mishra's attack on Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti at a press conference in the city asking her opinion on Burhan Wani and Afzal Guru left her in tears.
Directing his comments at Mufti, Mishra said: ‘It can’t be that you don’t accept Burhan Wani as a terrorist and then expect tourism to increase."
An emotional Mehbooba launched a counter attack making strong statements on increasing number of rapes in Delhi.
“Girls are very safe in Kashmir than any place in the world including Delhi,” countered Mehbooba.
Mishra questioned how are we to fight Pakistan if people are going to give shelter to terrorists in J&K.
"We can fight Pakistan, but how do we fight with people who give shelter to terrorists in J&K,” Mishra asked.
In response, Mebooba said: “Kashmir needs you, I don't know whether you need us. Biggest confidence building measure is if you visit our state; it will show that you trust us.”
Mishra left the venue, saying he does not want to share the dais with her after he was forced to stop his address following strong protests from some in the audience and officials accompanying Mufti.
Recommended For You
- Won't Let Virat Kohli Settle Into Rhythm, Says England Pacer Ball
- Barack Obama Spills The Beans On How He Survived The White House Years
- Watch: How People Closest to Us, Transform Us in a Moment
- Hero Achiever 150 Review: Smart Features And Easy Riding
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Revealed: Price, Specs And Everything Else You Need to Know