Karnataka elections: BJP sees red over Sena's 'happiness'
Uddhav Thackeray said that the BJP should not perceive his remarks as criticism.
Mumbai: The BJP on Wednesday expressed surprise over Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray expressing his happiness over the Jagadish Shettar-led government's defeat in Karnataka Assembly elections. "The results in Karnataka are very saddening for the BJP. But what is surprising is the happiness expressed by leaders of our alliance partner," Maharashtra state BJP spokesperson Madhav Bhandari said.
His comments came after Uddhav expressed happiness, earlier on Wednesday, over the dislodging of the BJP government in Karnataka "which had heaped injustice" on the Marathi-speaking population in the border areas of the neighbouring state. "The issue of the Marathi-speaking population is entirely a creation of the Congress. When this is the reality, the happiness felt by those speaking about interests of Marathi people is surprising and saddening," Bhandari said. Earlier on Wednesday, Uddhav reportedly told reporters in Mumbai that, "While nobody expected the Congress to win, I am personally happy that the government which always meted out injustice to Marathi people in the border areas has been dislodged."
Uddhav, however, also said that the BJP should not perceive his remarks as criticism. "My statement was in no way a criticism of the BJP, but merely a condemnation of a particular government that overlooked the aspirations of the Marathi people in the border areas," he said.
- Donald Trump's Daughter, Ivanka, to Celebrate Diwali at Hindu Temple
- Clinton Campaign Ponders 'What If' Trump Doesn't Concede
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Facebook Employees Try to Remove Trump's Controversial Posts, Zuckerberg Calls it Inappropriate
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
- Watch: Kapil Sharma Leaves ADHM Cast in Splits