Mamata, Karunanidhi to skip UPA-II's 3-year dinner
While Mamata is 'pre-occupied' in Bengal, Karunanidhi gave no reason for skipping the celebration.
New Delhi: Key UPA allies Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee and DMK chief M Karunanidhi will not attend the Prime Minister's dinner on Tuesday to celebrate three years of the UPA II in power. While Mamata is 'pre-occupied' in Bengal, the DMK is sending party leader TR Baalu for the event.
Railway Minister and Trinamool Congress all-India General Secretary Mukul Roy, a close aide of Mamata, said he is likely to attend the dinner with some other party MPs.
"It is basically a dinner extended by the Prime Minister every year to all MPs of the UPA and Mamata is not an MP now," he added.
However, the DMK chief has not given any reason for missing the celebrations.
(With additional information from PTI)
- Bhubaneswar-Bhadark Train Collides With Goods Train in Cuttack, 1 Dead
- Rahul Gandhi Flays RSS, Accuses it of Trying to 'Divide India'
- Defamation Case: Rahul Gandhi Makes his Appearance in Assam Court
- Time to Stop All India-Pak Relations, Business, Sports, Cinema?
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- We Have the Right To Defend Ourselves: Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
- Pakistan Need To Be Taught A Lesson: Venkaiah Naidu
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire Again in J&K's Akhnoor District