DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Mamata, Karunanidhi to skip UPA-II's 3-year dinner
While Mamata is 'pre-occupied' in Bengal, Karunanidhi gave no reason for skipping the celebration.
New Delhi: Key UPA allies Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee and DMK chief M Karunanidhi will not attend the Prime Minister's dinner on Tuesday to celebrate three years of the UPA II in power. While Mamata is 'pre-occupied' in Bengal, the DMK is sending party leader TR Baalu for the event.
Railway Minister and Trinamool Congress all-India General Secretary Mukul Roy, a close aide of Mamata, said he is likely to attend the dinner with some other party MPs.
"It is basically a dinner extended by the Prime Minister every year to all MPs of the UPA and Mamata is not an MP now," he added.
However, the DMK chief has not given any reason for missing the celebrations.
(With additional information from PTI)
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Unhappy With Head Coach Anil Kumble?
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- GST Effect: Ford Figo, Aspire, EcoSport Get Discounts Of Up To Rs 30,000
- Did Priyanka Just Talk About Her Relationship With SRK?
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London