Karuna must quit over cops distributing cash: BJP
BJP said unless EC 'opened its both eyes', polls would not be fair under the Karunanidhi regime.
Chennai: Tamil Nadu unit of BJP on Wednesday demanded the resignation of Chief Minister M Karunanidhi owning responsibility for the alleged transportation of money meant for voters in police vehicles.
"The Election Commission's submission in Madras High Court that even money was being distributed in police jeeps only confirms continuing violations of electoral rules by the ruling party," a BJP release said here on Wednesday night. "Karunanidhi who is heading the police department should immediately resign owning responsibility for transportation of money in police van," it said.
Claiming that the fear of defeat had driven Karunanidhi to shift from the city to Tiruvarur, BJP alleged the Chief Minister taking exception to EC's restrictions and party MP Ritheesh's arrest in connection with a clash strengthened apprehensions that fair polls was not possible in the state.
It said unless the Election Commission "opened its both eyes" polls would not be fair under the Karunanidhi regime.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Tale of Two Sessions That Cost Hosts the Pune Test
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Which Visiting Spinner's Performance in India Has Been the Best?