DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Karuna says he's not in favour of death for rapists
He said the CM's 13-point action plan for women's safety could be added to her list of "unfulfilled promises."
Chennai: Finding fault with Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa's 13-point action plan for women's safety, DMK chief M Karunanidhi on January 5 said he was of the firm opinion that awarding solitary confinement till death to rape convicts alone could check such heinous crimes.
"Like social thinkers and legal experts, I have never supported death penalty. My view is that solitary confinement till death to sexual offenders is the apt punishment to them. Though the state government has not taken my opinion, I hope the Centre will take necessary action," he said.
Referring to Jayalalithaa's views that sexual offenders would be brought under the purview of Goondas Act, the DMK patriarch asked, what is the guarantee that the perpetrators would not again indulge in such crimes after coming out of prison?
He said the Chief Minister's 13-point action plan could be added to her list of "unfulfilled promises." He also accused the Chief Minister of misusing the Goondas Act against opposition.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs