Karuna slams AIADMK for action on false complaint
Several top DMK leaders have been arrested over the past few days over land grabbing.
Chennai: Coming down heavily on the ruling AIADMK in Tamil Nadu for taking action against DMK workers on the basis of 'false complaints' of land grabbing, DMK Chief M Karunanidhi on Monday said judiciary should take firm action against those who lodged such complaints. Writing in the party organ 'Murasoli', he said when he was the Chief Minister, the then DMK government brought a law to punish those who indulged in lodging false complaints.
The Madras High court on Sunday had slapped a fine of Rs 50,000 on some persons who had given false complaints on land grabbing, he said.
In continuing crackdown by the AIADMK government on land grabbing, several top DMK leaders including former Minister Veerapandi Arumugam, have been arrested over the past few days.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India