Karunakaran out of ventilator support
Congress stalwart K Karunakaran was admitted to hospital with severe breathing problem and fever last week.
Thiruvananthapuram: The ventilator support to ailing Congress stalwart K Karunakaran was removed on Friday as his overall health condition made further improvement.
According to a medical bulletin issued by Aanthapuri Hospital, where the 93-year-old former Chief Minister has been undergoing treatment for a week, the ventilator as well as tubes had been removed after the team of doctors attending on him reviewed his condition.
His breathing condition and responses had been satisfactory. However, he was still in the intensive care unit and giving of oxygen using mask and other treatments were continuing.
Restrictions for visitors was also continuing, the bulletin said.
Karunakaran was admitted to hospital with severe breathing problem and fever on Friday last week. His condition took a critical turn on Monday and had been on total ventilator support for the next two days.
- Bhubaneswar-Bhadark Train Collides With Goods Train in Cuttack, 1 Dead
- It's High Time We Respond to Terrorism: John Abraham
- Mirzya New Trailer is All About Love, Passion and Music
- SRK Turns Into a DJ for Radio Show and His First Mix Will Leave You in Splits
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- US Asks Pakistan to Take Action Against Terrorist Outfits
- Indian Army's Surgical Strike Across LoC Was Carefully Measured: Experts
- Love is a Feeling Beyond Your Control: Ranbir Kapoor