DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Karunakaran out of ventilator support
Congress stalwart K Karunakaran was admitted to hospital with severe breathing problem and fever last week.
Thiruvananthapuram: The ventilator support to ailing Congress stalwart K Karunakaran was removed on Friday as his overall health condition made further improvement.
According to a medical bulletin issued by Aanthapuri Hospital, where the 93-year-old former Chief Minister has been undergoing treatment for a week, the ventilator as well as tubes had been removed after the team of doctors attending on him reviewed his condition.
His breathing condition and responses had been satisfactory. However, he was still in the intensive care unit and giving of oxygen using mask and other treatments were continuing.
Restrictions for visitors was also continuing, the bulletin said.
Karunakaran was admitted to hospital with severe breathing problem and fever on Friday last week. His condition took a critical turn on Monday and had been on total ventilator support for the next two days.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere