Karunanidhi to lead state-wide protest on Apr 15
DMK president M Karunanidhi will lead a state-wide protest meeting to condemn the "anti-people policies" of the ruling AIADMK on April 15, the party announced on Thursday.
Chennai: DMK president M Karunanidhi will lead a state-wide protest meeting to condemn the "anti-people policies" of the ruling AIADMK on April 15, the party announced on Thursday.
Karunanidhi, his son and party Treasurer MK Stalin and the former's daughter Kanimozhi will address protest meetings at South Chennai, Madurai and Chidambaram respectively.
DMK Propaganda secretary N Siva, MP, said in a statement that the public meetings will be held to condemn the ruling AIADMK against the hike in power tariff, bus fares and milk prices, besides "foisting" of cases against DMK leaders.
Scores of DMK leaders, including general secretary K Anbazhagan and TR Baalu, among others will address public meetings at different places all over the state, he added.
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Delhi Zoo Shuts Down Amid Bird Flu Scare
- Amit Sadh Begins Shooting For Sarkar 3
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
From Our Network
- Rising MNS is bad news for Shiv Sena: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil agitation helped BJP to counter its bitter ally- FirstPost
- Ramdev pegs 200% growth for Patanjali this year; promises big ticket investment in Madhya Pradesh - Pradesh18
- CM Nitish Kumar wishes speedy recovery to injured Mamata Banerjee’s nephew - Pradesh18