Kasab's hanging a justified step: Madhya Pradesh CM
Shivraj Singh Chouhan demanded that Afzal Guru, who is on death row in the 2001 Parliament attack case, should also be hanged.
Bhopal: Hailing execution of Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Kasab, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Wednesday demanded that Afzal Guru, who is on death row in the 2001 Parliament attack case, should also be hanged.
Chouhan termed the hanging of Kasab as a "justified step" saying the 26/11 attack was an attack on country, in which scores of people and a number of security personnel lost their precious lives. Like Kasab all terrorists should be meted out same treatment, Chouhan said.
Urban Administration and Development Minister Babulal Gour described Kasab's execution as a "right step", though it was taken a bit late.
Devi Sharma, mother of chief ticket collector Sushil Sharma who fell to terrorists' bullets at Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus in Mumbai, expressed happiness over Kasab's hanging. "With the execution of Kasab, justice has been done to those who were killed in the heinous attack including my son," she told PTI from Gwalior.
State unit BJP president Prabhat Jha said though the hanging was delayed, but it was a right step. Afzal Guru's capital punishment should also be expedited, he added.
Madhya Pradesh Congress Committee president Kantilal Bhuria said "hanging of Kasab was an appropriate reply to the Pakistan-sponsored terrorism in the country and displayed the country's strength to deal with such matters".
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Gaya Road Rage: Patna High Court Grants Bail to Suspended JD(U) Councillor's Son
- Dalit Boy Whose Video Went Viral Says Was Thrashed Because of Good Grades
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- Donald Trump's Campaign Says Raised $9 mn Through Live Facebook Event
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma Explain Why Working With Karan Johar is Special