R-Day: Geelani calls for Kashmir shutdown
BJP has also given a call for Jammu bandh to protest against detention of its members.
Srinagar: Hardline separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani has called for Kashmir shutdown on the occasion of Republic Day from January 25.
Geelani has also asked people not to send their children to participate on the Republic Day celebrations.
Moderate separatist leader Yasin Malik, chairman of the Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front, has also questioned BJP's motive for the flag-hoisting decision.
Meanwhile the BJP has given a call for Jammu bandh on Tuesday to protest against the detention of its leaders and party workers.
The Omar Abdullah government pulled out all the stops to prevent and equally defiant BJP from hoisting the Tricolour in Srinagar on Republic Day.
Senior BJP leaders Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley were pushed back to the Punjab border after they arrived at Jammu airport on Monday night. The two leaders are now in Madhopur.
The Ekta Yatra has entered its final lap. BJP youth wing activists have been arriving in hordes in Jammu since Monday evening.
The traffic on the Jammu-Pathankot highway has been suspended and security was stepped up at the borders. Security was also tightened at the Punjab border.
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- After Cross-LoC Strikes, Indian High Commissioner Summoned By Pakistan
- Bollywood Friday: Will Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni Live Up To The Expectations?
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18