DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Kejriwal protests at DERC office against power bills
Bharatiya Janata Party leader Vijay Goel was present at the venue to join Kejriwal during his protest.
New Delhi: Social activist Arvind Kejriwal on Monday protested at the office of Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission (DERC) against inflated electricity bills. Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Vijay Goel, who was already present at the protest venue, gheraoed the Chairman of the DERC, PD Sudhakar. They demanded that the electricity price be reduced and new tenders be issued.
Responding to a query, Goel said that Kejriwal was welcome to join the BJP. However, upon reaching the site, Kejriwal made it clear that he did not want to be a part of any party.
On Sunday, Kejriwal burnt electricity bills at different places in the capital during his ongoing protest against the rising power and water costs. On the first day of protest, Kejriwal restored the electricity connection of a daily wage earner, whose power supply had been disconnected upon his failure to pay a Rs 15,000 bill.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Don't Enjoy the Same 'Privileges' As Dhoni, Says Harbhajan Singh
- Tubelight: Salman-Starrer Looks Like Innocent Adventure Filled With Belief
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs
- Hardik Pandya Credits Rahul Dravid for His Meteoric Rise