Arvind Kejriwal formally launches Aam Aadmi Party
AAP Convenor Arvind Kejriwal made it clear that there will be no space for dynastic politics or corrupt people in the party.
New Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal on Monday formally launched the Aam Aadmi Party amidst loud cheers from the people who had gathered at Jantar Mantar to participate in the inauguration ceremony. Introducing the party, Kejriwal said that it will seek to eradicate corruption at all levels in the country.
Ahead of the launch, Kejriwal and his colleagues took a pledge to uphold the Constitution of India under every circumstance. The Constitution was formally adopted on this day 63 years ago, in 1949, and Kejriwal said the launch ceremony was scheduled to coincide with the anniversary. Kejriwal also paid homage to the father of the Constitution, Dr BR Ambedkar at his memorial, Ambedkar Smriti before the launch.
Significantly, as Monday also marks the fourth anniversary of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, Kejriwal demanded honour for the eight NSG commandos who were injured while fighting the LeT terrorists. Kejriwal already found support from the wife of one of the slain officers, Ashok Kamte. Vinita Kamte told CNN-IBN that she admired the bureaucrat-turned-politician's courage.
On Sunday, the Aam Aadmi National Executive elected Kejriwal as the National Convenor and Prashant Bhushan and psephologist Yogendra Yadav as office bearers. The AAP said there will be no space for dynastic politics or corrupt people in the party.
- PM Modi's Sandesh2Soldiers Drive Draws Over 10 Lakh Messages
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Review: Genuinely Moving Drama With Terrific Performances by its Leads
- Diwali Gifts: Top Cars in India That Are Ideal for It
- PM Modi Likely to Spend Diwali on Indo-Tibetan Border with ITBP Jawans
- Shivaay Review: Ajay Devgn-starrer Is Seldom Compelling
- Shivaay Movie Review: Ajay Devgn Is In Every Frame and We Wish He Wasn't
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Shivaay Advance Bookings Have Been Phenomenal: Reports
- Don't Have Grace in Dancing: Ajay Devgn