Kejriwal sticks to charges against Haryana govt
In a statement on Tuesday, DLF said the matter is subjudice and awaiting hearing.
New Delhi: A day after alleging that Haryana government favoured DLF, Arvind Kejriwal on Wednesday refused to accept the state's contention that there was no wrong doing saying questions still remain on why land was given to a company linked with Robert Vadra.
Kejriwal alleged that the sale of 30 acres of land meant for building a hospital to the realty major for developing SEZ raises questions as Vadra had later bought stakes in the company. Rebutting the allegations, Haryana government on Tuesday said that the land had been released to East India Hotels Ltd more than 16 years ago and the permission was granted to it to sell land to DLF Ltd "after following due process of law".
In a statement on Tuesday, DLF said the matter is subjudice and awaiting hearing. Haryana Government has accepted that when the government had acquired land for residential purpose and East India Hotels Ltd was given 30 acre land for building a hospital in 1995, it did not do so till 2005, a statement by Kejriwal-led India Against Corruption said.
"This raises a suspicion on Haryana government as even though the company did not build the hospital for such a long period neither was any action taken against the company nor was the land taken back by the government," it said.
On the other hand, the statement alleged, East India Hotels sold the land to DLF Limited and the government permitted this transaction even when there was a clear change in use of land.
Recommended For You
- CLOSE SHAVEUmpire Paul Reiffel Retires Hurt After Being Hit by Bhuvneshwar Kumar's Throw
- Amazing VoiceThis Kolkata Security Guard's Golden Voice Is Winning Hearts On The Internet
- Amazing videoYouTube Rewind Celebrates Videos, People And Trends That Made 2016 Memorable
- Good Old DaysAishwarya Rai's Recent Photos With Her Dance Guru Will Give You Serious Nostalgia
- ExplosiveRaees Trailer: 6 Explosive Dialogues That Sum up SRK's Character Perfectly