Kerala: 1 more arrested for Chandrasekharan murder
Marxist Party leader TP Chandrasekharan, 50, was murdered at Vallikkad near Vatakara in Kozhikode district on May 4.
Kozhikode: The Special Investigation team probing the murder of Marxist rebel and Revolutionary Marxist Party leader TP Chandrasekharan has arrested one of the gang members who allegedly hacked him to death.
He was arrested in Mysore by SIT and would be produced at a court at nearby Vadakara this evening, police said.
Police said SIT are also verifying whether the man, who was reportedly injured in the attack had got himself admitted to a hospital in Kannur district.
He was allegedly an accomplice of N K Sunil Kumar, the prime accused in the case. Srijith's arrest by SIT takes the number of those held in the case to 12.
Chandrasekharan, 50, was murdered at Vallikkad near Vatakara in Kozhikode district on May 4.
The assailants attacked him while he was riding a motorcycle. Country-made bombs were hurled at him before hacking him to death with sharp weapons.
A former CPI(M) leader in the party stronghold Onjiyam in Kozhikode district, he was expelled a few years back after falling out with the leadership.He later joined RMP, floated by CPI-M activists who had either quit the party over ideological issues or were expelled for anti-party activities.
Recommended For You
- Dhoni Motivates Jharkhand Teammates in Unique Style
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Poorna Trailer: Rahul Bose Brings the Story of a Girl who Conquered Everest
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology