Kerala: BJP workers accord rousing reception to Modi
Narendra Modi visited Thiruvananthapuram on Wednesday to attend a jubilee function at Sree Narayana Mutt at nearby Sivagiri.
Thiruvananthapuram: BJP workers accorded a rousing reception to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as he arrived for a five-hour visit in Thiruvananthapuram on Wednesday to attend a jubilee function at Sree Narayana Mutt at nearby Sivagiri.
Ignoring the multi-layer security security at the airport, Modi walked to the party workers who had converged in large numbers and greeted them by waving his hands. His visit here was marked by controversies with the Left attacking the authorities of the Mutt, dedicated to the ideals of 20th century saint-reformer Sree Naryana Guru who preached the message of unity of humanity, inviting Modi to an important function.
Congress also decided to stay away from the function on the ground that the party is stiffly opposed to his ideals and the development model he has been implementing in Gujarat. A meeting of Labour Minister and RSP(B) leader with Modi a few days back in Ahamadbad also sparked a controversy with Congress leaders saying it should have been avoided.
Modi, however, did not make any mention of the controversy though mediapersons had gathered in strength at the airport. BJP state president V Muraleedharan, Tamil Nadu unit president Pon Radhakrishnan and national secretary MK Krishnadas were among the leaders who received him at the airport.
Recommended For You
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines