DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Kerala CM Achutanandan submits resignation
The LDF lost out to the UDF by a slender four-seat margin in Kerala.
New Delhi: Outgoing Kerala chief minister VS Achutanandan on Saturday met Governor RS Gavai and submitted his resignation after the Left failed to beat anti-incumbency in a closely fought election.
The LDF lost out to the UDF by a slender four-seat margin. Achutanandan has agreed to sit in Opposition this term but he's stepping down with a warning to the UDF - has asked it not to induct minsters with criminal background and sexual harassment cases against them.
VS Achutanandan said, "UDF should be very clear that LDF will be a very aggressive and active opposition. UDF should ensure that people with criminal records should not be made ministers."
Recommended For You
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande