Someone wants to cover up for Vadra: Khemka
Transferred Haryana IAS officer Ashok Khemka said that he hasn't spoken against government policy but against corruption, nepotism and crony capitalism.
Chandigarh: Transferred Haryana IAS officer Ashok Khemka, who cancelled the mutation of Congress President Sonia Gandhi's son-in-law Robert Vadra's Manesar land, has taken on the Haryana government. Khemka told CNN-IBN that the Haryana government is encroaching on the jurisdiction of the Punjab and Haryana High court by setting up a three-member panel to probe his order.
Khemka said that IAS officers have no jurisdiction to probe orders passed by the DG Consolidation - the post he held before his transfer. Khemka said that he hasn't spoken against government policy but against corruption, nepotism and crony capitalism. Khemka alleged that some individuals in the Haryana government wants to cover up and put aside his order probing land undervaluation.
"Some crooks in the government want to interfere by creating a committee to give it the face of a probe. Someone in the government wants to cover up and brush aside the orders I passed checking for undervaluation and cancelling the Robert Vadra-DLF mutation," claimed Khemka.
He further added, "Jurisdiction of the High Court is being encroached upon and usurped by creating this committee. Topmost statutory authorities in Haryana are inspector general of registration and director general land consolidation. The only recourse is to move the courts. They are not doing that, but forming a committee. IAS officers have no jurisdiction to probe orders passed by the DG Consolidation."
"I haven't spoken against government policy. I have spoken against corruption, nepotism and crony capitalism which is not government policy," clarified the Haryana IAS officer.
- Time to Stop All India-Pak Relations, Business, Sports, Cinema?
- Hindu Group Demands Cancellation of Concerts by Atif Aslam, Shafqat Amanat Ali
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Will Live Up to the Hype: Neeraj Pandey
- Maruti Suzuki's 'MS Dhoni Inspired' Alto and Alto K10 Special Edition Unveiled
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- Surgical Strikes: Political Parties Speak in One Voice, Mehbooba Strikes Note of Caution
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India
From Our Network
- Shahabuddin jailed, alcohol ban lifted: Win-lose situation for Bihar CM Nitish Kumar- FirstPost
- My supporters will teach CM Nitish Kumar a lesson: Shahabuddin on bail cancellation - Pradesh18
- News Digest: HC defers hearing on plea challenging Modi election; How Bihar’s Ghatak platoons avenged Uri attack & more - Pradesh18