Khoon Ki Dalaali: 12 Times Rahul Gandhi's Comments Created Controversy
Below are 12 instances in the past when the Gandhi scion didn't mince words to put across his views.
File photo of Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi
Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi on Thursday hit out at Prime Minister Narendra Modi and accused him of indulging in "Khoon ki dalali" with the blood of the Indian soldiers.
Gandhi who returned to the capital after completing his month long Kisan Yatra in poll bound Uttar Pradesh went all guns blazing against the PM.
"You are hiding behind the blood of our soldiers who have sacrificed their lives in Jammu & Kashmir. Our jawans have given blood, they carried out surgical strikes. You are doing 'khoon ki dalali' with the blood of our martyrs. Our Army did what they were supposed to do. Now do your work," Rahul said at a rally in Delhi to wind up his month-long tour of Uttar Pradesh.
Below are 12 instances in the past when the Gandhi scion comments kicked up a row.
- JULY 2016: "All across villages, a plaintive new slogan is ringing out- Arhar Modi"
- MARCH 2016: "PM destroyed our work in Jammu and Kashmir when he went to meet Pakistan PM Nawaz. This is because he thinks only his opinion matters."
- MARCH 2016: "There's Modi Ji 'Fair and Lovely Yojna', kale dhan to kaise gora banaya jaye (How to convert black money into white)."
- APRIL 2015: "Yours is a government of big people, a suit-boot sarkar"
- MARCH, 2014: "RSS people killed Gandhiji and today their people (BJP) talk of him...They opposed Sardar Patel and Gandhiji," Rahul reportedly said while addressing a public rally in Thane district.
- JAN 2104: "People of Opposition are not like us. They say what they want. They are very good marketers - they sing, they dance, they can sell combs to the bald."
- OCTOBER 2013: Dalit community "needs the escape velocity of Jupiter" to achieve success.
- AUGUST 2013: "Poverty is just a state of mind. It does not mean scarcity of food, money or material things. If one possesses self-confidence then we can overcome poverty."
- APRIL 2013: "People call us an elephant.. We are not an elephant.. we are a beehive.. it's funny but think about it. Which is more powerful? an elephant or a beehive?"
- JANUARY 2013: "It (Congress) is a funny party. It is the largest political organization in the world but perhaps does not have a single rule or regulation. We create new rules every two minutes and then dump them. Nobody knows the rules in the party"
- OCTOBER 2012: "What is happening to human resources in Punjab. 7 out of 10 youth have the problem of drugs."
- JULY 2011: "It is very difficult to stop every single terror attack. We will stop 99% terror attacks but 1 % of attacks might get through."
Recommended For You
- My Hard Work on Fitness Paying Off, Says Bhuvneshwar
- Manushi Chhillar's Outfit Will Go Down In The Archives As Our Legacy, Say Designers Falguni-Shane
- OnePlus 5T vs Samsung Galaxy S8 [Specs]: The 'Flagship Killer' Certainly Lands a Few Death Blows
- AbRam Khan Thinks that Amitabh Bachchan is Shah Rukh's Father
- Bigg Boss 11: Evicted contestant Benafsha Soonawalla Says, ‘I Played in the House With As Much Dignity As I Could’