HC to hear Khurshid's case against TV Today
The TV Today group aired a sting operation about how Khurshid's trust for the disabled had forged signatures to acquire funds.
New Delhi: Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid's wife Louise Khurshid's defamation suit against TV Today group will come up for hearing in Delhi High Court on Friday. Louise had accused the television network of maligning her family and sought damages worth Rs 1 crore. The TV Today group aired a sting operation about how Khurshid's trust for the disabled had forged signatures to acquire funds.
Advocate Abhimanyu Bhandari had filed a defamation suit for damages against TV Today Chairman and MD Aroon Purie and others on behalf of Louise. The advocate said that they have claimed damages for the irreparable loss caused by programmes aired by the TV Today group. According to the TV Today report, the union social welfare and empowerment ministry had granted Rs 71.50 lakh to the Khurshids' Zakir Hussain Memorial Trust for distributing tricycles and hearing aids to the disabled in 17 districts of Uttar Pradesh.
The group, in a sting operation, said the NGO, forged signatures of senior officials in several districts of the state, to deprive the physically challenged who were eligible for grants under a scheme. While Salman Khurshid is the president of the Trust, his wife is the project director.
Recommended For You
- POWER PACKEDLenovo K6 Power Review With Video: Best Android Phone Under Rs 10,000?
- Ready?Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan To Act Together In Movies Again?
- Remembering AmmaDid Jayalalithaa and Karunanidhi Ever Work Together?
- In MemoriamJayalalithaa Filmography: 10 Musical Hits
- Starry nightVirat-Anushka to Saif-Kareena: The Star Studded Birthday Bash of Manish Malhotra