Mamata Banerjee a valuable Congress ally: Khurshid
According to PMO sources, a message was sent to Mamata that Prime Minsiter Manmohan Singh was willing to speak to her if she wanted.
New Delhi: Law Minister Salman Khurshid on Tuesday praised TMC chief and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, calling her a valuable partner.
Khurshid while talking to reporters said that Mamata has made valuable contribution to the UPA alliance.
The senior Congress leader further said,"This is a strong standing relationship, the methods of dialogue can be many."
According to PMO sources, a message was sent to Mamata that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was willing to speak to her if she wanted.
The meeting at the Town Hall in Kolkata has been called by Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee as the 72-hour deadline set by her for the government to go for a roll back on FDI in multi-brand retail and diesel price hike has ended.
It is expected that the Trinamool Congress may decide to pull her ministers out of the UPA and extend issue-based support to the alliance.
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 8: Celebrities Get Malik Status, Indiawale Fight Among Themselves
- Philippines' Duterte Sparking Distress Around the World, Says US
- Bigg Boss 10: Priyanka Jagga Is The First Contestant to Get Eliminated This Season
- Bigg Boss 9 Contestants Rochelle and Keith Are Spending Some Quality Time In Thailand