DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Kolkata cannot be refurbished in a day: Mamata
Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday said her plans to "refurbish" Kolkata and make it like London would take time as the metropolis was not a planned city like Delhi.
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday said her plans to "refurbish" Kolkata and make it like London would take time as the metropolis was not a planned city like Delhi. "Kolkata cannot be refurbished in a day. There are lots of problems. There will be a hue and cry if we try to acquire an inch of land for road expansion," Banerjee said.
"Whenever plans and programmes are taken up for something like road expansion, waters are muddied," she said while speaking at a programme of the Kolkata police on the occasion of the forthcoming Durga Puja festival. "Kolkata was not built as a planned city. When New Delhi was built, there was no media like today," she said.
Apparently blaming the previous Left Front government's alleged forcible acquisition of land for difficulties in acquiring land now, Banerjee said "There was misuse of land acquisition." The chief minister released two volumes of Kolkata Police magazine 'Protector' and puja guide maps. The guide map featured a cover sketched by Banerjee.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh