DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Kolkata fire: PM expresses grief over loss of lives
Manmohan Singh also announced an ex-gratia of Rs 2 lakh to the next of kin of the deceased.
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday expressed "shock and anguish" over loss of lives in a massive fire that broke out in a Kolkata hospital and announced an ex-gratia of Rs 2 lakh to the next of kin of the deceased.
Singh also conveyed his condolences to the families of those who lost their lives in the tragedy, a PMO spokesman said.
"Prime Minister expresses shock and anguish over the loss of lives in the hospital fire in Kolkata," the spokesman said.
Besides the ex-gratia of Rs 2 lakh to the next of kin of the deceased, he sanctioned Rs 50,000 to each of those seriously injured.
Over 70 patients died of suffocation when a massive fire broke out in the centrally-airconditioned seven-storey private hospital.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar