Sleaze row: K'taka MLAs reply to showcause notice
Speaker KG Bopaiah has said that a committee will be formed to look into the matter.
Bangalore: The three tainted MLAs of Karnataka have filed reply to the Karnataka Vidhan Sabha Speaker in the obscene video case. Speaker KG Bopaiah had issued showcause notices to the former BJP ministers after they were caught watching porn in the Assembly.
Speaker KG Bopaiah has said that a committee will be formed to look into the matter and the probe committee will be named by Thursday afternoon.
The trio - Laxman Savadi, C C Patil and Krishna Palemar sent in their seperate replies to the speaker and their respective aides handed over them to Assembly Secretary, Om Prakash.
Prakash said that the replies submitted in sealed cover would be forwarded to the Speaker.
Bopaiah told reporters that the replies by the three former ministers had reached his secretariat and he was yet to take a look at it.
Bopaiah is expected to form a six-member house panel to probe the episode that took place inside the state assembly on February 7.
While Savadi and Patil face allegations of watching the sleazy clippings, Palemar is accused of supplying them to Savadi.
The Congress has decided to boycott the committee, demanding that the three be disqualified from the Assembly.
Two former ministers CC Patil and Lakshman Savadi were caught last week watching an obscene video on former Mangalore in-charge Minister J Krishna Palemar's mobile phone, while the Assembly was in session.
With Additional Inputs from PTI
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- Philippine Leader Takes Thinly Veiled Dig at US
- Hindustan Copper stake sale today, base price is Rs 70 per share