Most Congress MLAs back Siddaramaiah as next Karnataka Chief Minister: Sources
The Congress leaders are consulting MLAs even as several aspirants throw their hat in the ring.
Bangalore: The Congress gets one step closer to deciding the Karnataka Chief minister after party leaders met a legislative meeting on Friday. Sources say that most of the MLAs in the state have backed Siddaramaiah to be the next Chief Minister. Siddaramaiah was always the frontrunner but there were other claimants as well such as Labour Minister Mallikarjun Kharge.
Congress leader D Sivkumar said, "Siddaramaiah has moved a resolution that high command will take a final call on the Karnataka Chief Minister. A secret ballot is on. In one hour expect to know who will be the new Chief Minister of Karnataka."
An AICC observer team led by AK Antony is in Bangalore for the meeting. The Congress leaders are consulting MLAs even as several aspirants throw their hat in the ring.
There's a hectic lobbying on to crown Kharge too. The Dalit leader oversaw massive gains in the Hyderabad Karnataka region. While Kharge plays down his hopes, he knows this is his best chance at the post.
Recommended For You
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology