K'taka: Congress set to form next govt, JDS ahead of BJP
JDS of former prime minister HD Deve Gowda was ahead in 42 constituencies and KJP of former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa in 14 segments.
Bangalore: With initial trends available for 221 constituencies of the total 223 which went to polls on May five, the Congress was leading in 105 segments, and has won 7 seats and the ruling BJP is leading in 35.
JDS of former prime minister HD Deve Gowda was ahead in 42 constituencies and Karnataka Janatha Paksha of former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa in 14 segments.
Initial trends suggested that the KJP dented the prospects of the BJP in a number of constituencies. Among those ahead initially include Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar (Hubli-Dharwad Central), Yeddyurappa (Shikaripura) and Leader of Opposition in the Assembly Siddaramaiah (Varuna).
Counting was taken up in 36 centres at 8 am on Wednesday. Election in Periyapatna was put off to May 28 following the death of the BJP candidate. 113 seats would be required for majority in the 224-member House.
Recommended For You
- Bharat Stage 'BS' Emission Norms Explained, What Does it Mean and How Does it Impact You
- Samsung Galaxy S8 vs Samsung Galaxy S8+: What's The Difference?
- Johnson Takes Jibe at Kohli, Says Rahane Should Remain Captain
- Avail Lowest Fares With AirAsia To Travel Across Asia and Australia
- Looking For a Solution For Everything Construction Related?