K'taka: Congress set to form next govt, JDS ahead of BJP
JDS of former prime minister HD Deve Gowda was ahead in 42 constituencies and KJP of former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa in 14 segments.
Bangalore: With initial trends available for 221 constituencies of the total 223 which went to polls on May five, the Congress was leading in 105 segments, and has won 7 seats and the ruling BJP is leading in 35.
JDS of former prime minister HD Deve Gowda was ahead in 42 constituencies and Karnataka Janatha Paksha of former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa in 14 segments.
Initial trends suggested that the KJP dented the prospects of the BJP in a number of constituencies. Among those ahead initially include Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar (Hubli-Dharwad Central), Yeddyurappa (Shikaripura) and Leader of Opposition in the Assembly Siddaramaiah (Varuna).
Counting was taken up in 36 centres at 8 am on Wednesday. Election in Periyapatna was put off to May 28 following the death of the BJP candidate. 113 seats would be required for majority in the 224-member House.
Recommended For You
- CHAMPIONS!Women's T20 Asia Cup: India beat Pakistan by 17 Runs to Clinch Title
- It's Showtime!Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 2 Trailer is Here and Baby Groot Owns It
- EXCLUSIVE PICTURESSourav Ganguly - Dada of Gully Cricket
- Can't MissJolly LLB 2 First Look: Akshay Kumar is a 'Jolly Good' Middle Class Man
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet