Karnataka polls: PM to address two public meetings today
Manmohan Singh will first make a speech in Hubli and will then fly down to rural Bangalore to address another rally.
Bangalore: With just a week before the state goes to polls, campaigning in Karnataka picks up steam. After Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will start his tour of the state on Monday.
Singh will address two public meetings on Monday. He will first make a speech in Hubli, the most important city in north Karnataka which was a BJP stronghold till recently.
From Hubli, the Prime Minister will fly down to address the Gowda family bastion of Bangalore rural. The Congress is trying to mobilise over 50,000 people at both the places. In 2008, Singh had addressed a closed door meeting in Bangalore.
- Team India Arrives in Kolkata For Second Test
- Eden Track Will Not Turn Much, Says Sourav Ganguly
- Gautam Gambhir Returns to Test Squad After Two Years
- Rain Could Play Spoilsport in India-New Zealand Eden Test
- Pakistan Can't Take India's Restraint Granted for Long: Wall Street
- Pakistan Approaches World Bank on Indus Waters Treaty Row With India
- Pakistan Approaches International Court of Justice Over Indus Waters Treaty
- Attempt to Block Islamabad's Share of Water "Act of War": Sartaj Aziz