Karnataka polls: PM to address two public meetings today
Manmohan Singh will first make a speech in Hubli and will then fly down to rural Bangalore to address another rally.
Bangalore: With just a week before the state goes to polls, campaigning in Karnataka picks up steam. After Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will start his tour of the state on Monday.
Singh will address two public meetings on Monday. He will first make a speech in Hubli, the most important city in north Karnataka which was a BJP stronghold till recently.
From Hubli, the Prime Minister will fly down to address the Gowda family bastion of Bangalore rural. The Congress is trying to mobilise over 50,000 people at both the places. In 2008, Singh had addressed a closed door meeting in Bangalore.
- After Google and Salesforce, Disney Now Wants to Buy Twitter
- Google Station, YouTube Go, Google Play for 2G Launched
- Google to Provide Public Wi-Fi Hotspots in Malls, Universities in India
- India to Reclaim Top Spot If They Win Kolkata Test Against New Zealand
- BCCI Has Been Unfair to Pakistan, Says Mudassar Nazar
- Pakistani Comedian's Take On Why India-Pakistan Should Not Go To War Is A Must Read
- Jeep Compass SUV Unveiled, India Launch in 2017
- LeT Joins Hands With ISIS To Infiltrate Subcontinent