Ex-skippers all set to field for political parties
The BJP is roping Anil Kumble; Cong Azharuddin; Shiv Sena, Vengsarkar.
New Delhi: Karnataka BJP says that its willing to field former Captain Anil Kumble for the upcoming Lok Sabha election from Karnataka.
Recently another former captain Mohammed Azharuddin had met Congress President Sonia Gandhi and is said to have expressed his wish to contest the upcoming Lok Sabha elections from Andhra Pradesh.
Not to lag behind, Shiv Sena is all set to rope in ex-Captain Vengsarkar into the party.Vengsarkar met Sena leader Udav Thackeray seeking Lok Sabha ticket from northern Mumbai.
Vengsarkar was born and bred in Dadar area, which falls in this constituency, he said.
Vengsarkar called on the party's executive president Udhav Thackeray in Mumbai on Friday afternoon. Several senior party leaders and others were present during the meeting.
"Yes Dilip Vengsarkar had met Uddhav Thackeray and if it works out he will be a good candidate," says BJP leader, Manohar Joshi.
A discussion was held on Vengsarkar's candidature although a formal announcement is expected only later, a party source said.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Watch: Oscars Moonlight Faux Pas That Just Created History
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone