DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Ex-skippers all set to field for political parties
The BJP is roping Anil Kumble; Cong Azharuddin; Shiv Sena, Vengsarkar.
New Delhi: Karnataka BJP says that its willing to field former Captain Anil Kumble for the upcoming Lok Sabha election from Karnataka.
Recently another former captain Mohammed Azharuddin had met Congress President Sonia Gandhi and is said to have expressed his wish to contest the upcoming Lok Sabha elections from Andhra Pradesh.
Not to lag behind, Shiv Sena is all set to rope in ex-Captain Vengsarkar into the party.Vengsarkar met Sena leader Udav Thackeray seeking Lok Sabha ticket from northern Mumbai.
Vengsarkar was born and bred in Dadar area, which falls in this constituency, he said.
Vengsarkar called on the party's executive president Udhav Thackeray in Mumbai on Friday afternoon. Several senior party leaders and others were present during the meeting.
"Yes Dilip Vengsarkar had met Uddhav Thackeray and if it works out he will be a good candidate," says BJP leader, Manohar Joshi.
A discussion was held on Vengsarkar's candidature although a formal announcement is expected only later, a party source said.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Unhappy With Head Coach Anil Kumble?
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Kangana-Ketan Battle: Another Filmmaker Accuses The Latter Of Hijacking His Film
- Priyanka Chopra Meets PM Modi In Berlin
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong