DSP murder: CBI seeks 14-day custody of two accused
The murder of DSP Zia-ul-Haque and two others is being investigated by the Central Unit of CBI from Delhi.
New Delhi: The CBI has moved court seeking 14-day custody of Rajiv Singh and Sanjay Singh, arrested in connection with Kunda DSP Zia-ul-Haq's murder case. Both the accused were arrested by the Uttar Pradesh Police last week.
The murder is being investigated by the Central Unit of CBI from Delhi. The CBI is in the process of reconstructing the crime scene and will examine some high-profile names in the case in next two to three days including former minister Raja Bhaiya.
Meanwhile, CNN-IBN has accessed a criminal history sheet that was prepared against Raja Bhaiya by the DSP. Dated September 5, 2012, the criminal record states 47 cases against Raguraj Pratap Singh, aka Raja Bhaiya, since 1991.
The cases are registered under various police stations in Kunda, Hathigawan, Nawabganj, Allahabad etc and they cite the Gangster Act, the Criminal Law Amendment Act among others. Zia-ul-Haq had also prepared a similar history of Raja Bhaiya's cousin Akshay Pratap Singh, his criminal charge list had 28 cases. Zia-ul-Haq was posted as the Circle Officer in Kunda in August; he prepared the history sheet in September.
Dy SP Haque was found murdered on March 2 in Kunda village of Pratapgarh district in Uttar Pradesh. His family had alleged Raja Bhaiya's involvement following which the MLA had resigned as minister.
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan
- Sushma Swaraj To Pakistan: Stop Dreaming About Kashmir
- Watch: Gloves Off Ahead Of Sushma's UN Speech
- Some Reactions Around the World To First Trump-Clinton Debate
- US Presidential Debate: Why Donald Trump Sniffles Had the Internet Choking
- Hillary Clinton Wins First Presidential Debate: CNN-ORC Poll
- I Have Experience, Says Hillary Clinton on Trump's 'Presidential Look' Jibe at Her