UP govt offers jobs to slain DSP's wife and brother
Dr Parveen Azad, the wife of the DSP, has been offered the position of Officer on Special Duty in the police welfare department.
New Delhi: The Uttar Pradesh government has reportedly offered government jobs to the wife and the brother of slain DSP Zia-ul-Haq. Dr Parveen Azad, the wife of the DSP, has been offered the position of Officer on Special Duty in the police welfare department and his brother has been offered a constable's post.
"Parveen Azad has been made OSD Welfare while Haq's brother, Sohrab Ali, was appointed constable welfare department," a home department spokesmen said here. Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had promised government jobs to two members of the police officers family when he visited Deoria to meet the bereaved family earlier this week.
Haq, circle officer in Kunda from where Raja Bhaiya is a five-time MLA, was allegedly killed by a mob in Balipur village on Saturday when he had rushed there after a village head was shot dead over a land dispute.
The slain officer's wife has alleged that Raja Bhaiya, who resigned from the state Cabinet after an FIR was filed against him, had a hand in the attack.
With additional information from PTI
- Mulayam Singh Jealous of Akhilesh Yadav's Popularity: Ram Gopal Yadav
- Everything is Fine in Samajwadi Party, Says Shivpal Singh Yadav
- Had Opposed MNS's Rs 5 Crore Demand in Meeting: Fadnavis
- SP Meet Turns Into Open War of Words
- Tata Group Stocks Fall on Mistry's Ouster; Tata Steel Down 3%
- My Character in Rock On 2 Goes Through an Internal Conflict: Farhan Akhtar
- 'Rock On!!' Was Shraddha Kapoor's Favourite Film During Her Growing Up Years
- Cyrus Mistry's Exit May Trigger Major Correction in Tata Stocks: Experts