Suryanelli rape case: Brinda Karat submits memo to V-P against Kurien
Rajya Sabha deputy chairman PJ Kurien has remained defiant despite demands of a fresh probe against him in the 17-year-old case.
New Delhi: The pressure is mounting on Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairperson PJ Kurien. CPM MP Brinda Karat has submitted a memorandum against him to Vice President Hamid Ansari. Kurien, however, has ruled out resigning. In an interview to CNN-IBN, the Congress MP remained defiant despite demands of a fresh probe against him in the 17-year-old Suryanelli gangrape case.
He insisted that he was being framed by his political oponents even as one of the key witnesses retracted his statement on Friday.
The Congress core group met on Friday but took no decision on Kurien's fate.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Varun Aaron Can't Wait to Work With Virender Sehwag
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Pre-birthday Party
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Anaarkali of Aarah: Karan Johar Unveils Swara's Never-seen-before Avatar