Akhilesh admits to 27 incidents of communal violence during SP reign
Three communal incidents were reported in Meerut and Muzaffarnagar during the Samajwadi Party reign.
As many as 27 incidents of communal violence have taken since the Samajwadi Party (SP) formed the government in Uttar Pradesh, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav admitted. Major clashes were reported from Mathura, Bareilly and Faizabad. Clashes were also reported in Lucknow, Bijnor, Sitapur, Sambhal and Moradabad.
Three communal incidents were reported in Meerut, Muzaffarnagar during the SP reign while two communal incidents took place in Ghaziabad and Kushinagar.
Here are some of the big incidents that shook the communal harmony of the state:
- Four people were killed in Kosi Kalan on June 1, 2012
- Violence in Pratapgarh on June 23, 2012
- Three people were killed in Bareilly on June 22, 2012
- Riots in Lucknow on August 17, 2012
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan
- Karnataka Parties Against Release of Cauvery Water
- Siddaramaiah Says Not Possible To Release Water Right Away
- Cauvery Row: Release Water to Tamil Nadu, SC tells Karnataka
- Karnataka Moves Supreme Court to Modify Order on Release of Cauvery Water