Akhilesh admits to 27 incidents of communal violence during SP reign
Three communal incidents were reported in Meerut and Muzaffarnagar during the Samajwadi Party reign.
As many as 27 incidents of communal violence have taken since the Samajwadi Party (SP) formed the government in Uttar Pradesh, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav admitted. Major clashes were reported from Mathura, Bareilly and Faizabad. Clashes were also reported in Lucknow, Bijnor, Sitapur, Sambhal and Moradabad.
Three communal incidents were reported in Meerut, Muzaffarnagar during the SP reign while two communal incidents took place in Ghaziabad and Kushinagar.
Here are some of the big incidents that shook the communal harmony of the state:
- Four people were killed in Kosi Kalan on June 1, 2012
- Violence in Pratapgarh on June 23, 2012
- Three people were killed in Bareilly on June 22, 2012
- Riots in Lucknow on August 17, 2012
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Ashwin Breaks Kapil Dev's 37-Year Old Home Season Record
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- Poorna Trailer: Rahul Bose Brings the Story of a Girl who Conquered Everest
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1