DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Akhilesh admits to 27 incidents of communal violence during SP reign
Three communal incidents were reported in Meerut and Muzaffarnagar during the Samajwadi Party reign.
As many as 27 incidents of communal violence have taken since the Samajwadi Party (SP) formed the government in Uttar Pradesh, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav admitted. Major clashes were reported from Mathura, Bareilly and Faizabad. Clashes were also reported in Lucknow, Bijnor, Sitapur, Sambhal and Moradabad.
Three communal incidents were reported in Meerut, Muzaffarnagar during the SP reign while two communal incidents took place in Ghaziabad and Kushinagar.
Here are some of the big incidents that shook the communal harmony of the state:
- Four people were killed in Kosi Kalan on June 1, 2012
- Violence in Pratapgarh on June 23, 2012
- Three people were killed in Bareilly on June 22, 2012
- Riots in Lucknow on August 17, 2012
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- With An Arched Brow, Roger Moore Found Humor In Bond, Life