Lalchand Kataria meets PM, seeks portfolio change
Lalchand Kataria has refused to take charge of his portfolio in the Defence Ministry in the last two days.
New Delhi: Sulking over the work allocation in Defence Ministry to him, Lalchand Kataria on Tuesday met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and sought a change in his portfolio which he has refused to take charge in the last two days.
Official sources said Kataria conveyed to the Prime Minister that since the other Minister of State, Jitendra Singh, also hailed from Rajasthan like him, he would find it difficult to work there.
However, sources said Kataria's real grouse was that Jitendra Singh was tipped to get charge of defence production while he would be left with only the subjects of NCC and Ex-Servicemen to look after.
Official sources said the Prime Minister has agreed to look into his request for a change in portfolio. First-time inductee into the Union Council of Ministers, Kataria was sworn-in along with 21 other union ministers on Sunday.
Meanwhile, Jitendra Singh, who has already assumed charge in the Defence Ministry and as Sports Minister with independent charge, attended the crucial Defence Acquisition Council (DAC). Thirteen other union ministers also called on the Prime Minister, official sources said.
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- Alternate Dispute Resolution Ecosystem, a National Priority: PM Modi
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about Anurag Khashyap's tweet over ADHM
- Legendary Punjabi Actor Mehar Mittal Passes Away
- Mulayam Vs Akhilesh: Old Values Vs New Thinking
- Samajwadi Party: From Clear Majority in 2012 to Total Chaos Now
- Akhilesh Yadav Rebuffs Formation Of New Party, Says Will Remain With SP
- Akhilesh-Shivpal Supporters Clash Ahead of Crucial SP Meet